Reporting to the President of InterRent, as the Director of Marketing and Communications, you will work with the senior management team with responsibility to manage the communications functions including media and marketing campaigns, publishing, web, corporate events, internal communications and strategic marketing communications. Our ideal leader is someone who provides creative leadership, understands all aspects of advertising, market demographics, digital media, and can contribute to developing and managing brand strategies. As a senior member of the team, your involvement within the community through philanthropy and social responsibility will strengthen your leadership.
Main objectives of this role include managing the functions of the corporate marketing team along with raising the profile of the organization by developing and implementing brand and marketing strategies along with developing and managing communications programs, media plans and budgets.
Our marketing team loves to learn, grow and improve. You will lead by example through your hard work and dedication including being hands on, organized, a self-starter and someone who finds satisfaction from coaching others. You’ll have to be a good planner, communicator, coordinator, and most importantly, a great team player.
Market Leader in Real Estate
CLV Group and InterRent REIT (TSX: IIP.UN) have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Since 1969, CLV Group has lead the market in professional property management services in the Ottawa area. Over almost 50 years, that has expanded into commercial real estate, new development projects, acquisitions, and more, to total over $1.8 Billion in assets over 18 different cities in Ontario and Quebec.
We love what we do and we’re good at it. We’re a team that just can’t stop growing, and we want people to grow with us. At our table, there is room for everyone. Our company culture is based on learning, collaboration, teamwork, bettering our communities, and most importantly, growth. Your work will have a measureable impact on our brand, vision, and the community.
So, what are we looking for?
Key responsibilities of this role include:
Proven Management Skills
- Providing leadership and motivation to team members
- Developing and implementing a corporate communications strategy
- Managing creative plans and supporting business process improvements in support of overall communications strategy
- Effective event planning and management with ability to deliver
- Proven project and change management skills
Media, Publications and Web Content Management Skills
- Planning, developing and delivering an on-going media relations strategy
- Coordinating media campaigns
- Developing and managing media budgets
- Developing media relations
- Delivering targeted market research programs
- Providing review and oversight on content strategies and materials and web presence
- Assisting in preparation of draft communications materials
- Providing quality assurance to ensure alignment of brand strategy to communications projects and content.
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset.
- Willingness to work outside of core hours is required.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis is required.
We appreciate your interest in pursuing an opportunity with us. Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.