CLV Group and InterRent REIT (TSX:IIP.UN) have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by almost 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area, Ottawa, and Montréal.
We love our business – and we’re good at it. You don’t have to know us for too long to learn why we’re different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud to have a culture that makes our employees excited to come to work and we are proud investors in our communities. We offer career opportunities with room for growth. Learn what it’s like to be excited to go to work every day and love what you do.
CLV Group is looking for an IT Support Specialist on a full-time basis to join the regional team in Burlington.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience using/troubleshooting a wide variety of hardware and software and be able to grasp new concepts quickly. You will be the primary person responsible for supporting local and remote end-users with problem reporting, identification, and resolution. See below for the ideal skillset.
Responsibilities will include, at a minimum:
- Troubleshooting support calls relating technical problems in a desktop support environment;
- Setting up new PC workstations, printers and other peripherals;
- Diagnosing and supporting client applications (i.e. MS Office, IE, other internal applications);
- Troubleshooting hardware and operating system software in a network/AD domain environment;
- Assisting with the maintenance and support of network and cloud environment
- Assisting with projects as required;
- User support of mobile devices
- Repairing and/or coordinating repair of hardware devices;
- Maintaining asset tracking;
- Coordinating troubleshooting techniques with IT colleagues;
- Researching new technologies and /or products, and
- Assuming additional responsibilities and completing special projects as needed or directed.
- Graduate from a Computer Systems Technician program or Equivalent and/or working experience providing IT support in a business environment
- Experience with all variations of Windows Desktop OS (7, 8,10)
- Understanding of Windows Server (2008, 2012,2016), Group policies, Active Directory
- Thorough understanding of IP networking
- Outstanding people skills and customer service skills orientation
- Able to handle rapidly changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills
- Excellent research skills
Nice to have
- Experience with Linux (RHEL)
- Experience with Cloud Computing concepts
- Experience running low voltage wiring
- Experience with access control and security dvr/nvr/cameras
- Microsoft or other industry recognized training and/or certification
- A+ certification
- Please note that off-site travel to sites throughout Southern Ontario will be required on a regular basis using your own vehicle. Travel mileage will be reimbursed.
- Evening, after-hours and on-call work may be required
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in pursuing an opportunity with us.