We love our business – and we’re good at it. It doesn’t take long to learn why we’re different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud investors in our community and in our teams. Its why we love what we do and who we do it with. Learn what it’s like to be excited to come to work every day!
Perks and Rewards for You
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes a competitive salary, paid vacation, paid sick days and an employer paid health plan with family coverage. We have leaders who coach and support your professional development, offer opportunities for career progression, and encourage learning. Our recognition program highlights team as well as individual achievements. Through team and individual contests, charity, social and corporate events our work life offers something for everyone!
To be successful in this role, you will have strong attention to detail, be responsive, have a team mindset, be proactive and demonstrate strong computer proficiency with corporate applications and MS Office. Effective business communications in English both spoken and written are required. French proficiency is deemed an asset
As part of the HR and Payroll team, in this role you will be providing onboarding support for all hiring managers issuing new hire documents and tracking status of activities along with issuing and managing the training schedule for all mandatory courses included in our e-learning library. With these activities, there will be responsibility for not only completing the tasks but investigating any issues, completing audits of files, follow up on activities to ensure compliance legislatively and with company policy.
You will be required to provide payroll and benefit support, monthly reporting and remittances and complete full year end cycle along with other team members.
Main HR and payroll activities will include, at a minimum:
NEW HIRE ONBOARDING ACTIVITIES
- Supporting the new hire process to assist hiring managers with all documents and mandatory training.
- Registering and maintaining all employee records in the Learning and Development database which includes new enrollment, changes and terminations
- Providing information for KPI reporting for HR/Payroll functions
- Updating and maintaining HR documents and folders for HR/Payroll functions
- Maintaining and refreshing the master Job Profile Library annually
- Regular status progress updates
- Processing payroll including related government remittances
- Investigating and resolving payroll issues
- Creating and running reports for review and reporting purposes
- Completing full year end cycle along with preparing and reconciling annual government reports
- Responding to employee/manager requests and inquires in a timely manner for CLV and/or InterRent employees
- Maintaining employee records for Group Benefits Plan and Pension Plan which includes new enrollments, terminations and updating records in the database
- Maintaining records in HRIS for changes such as but not limited to compensation, status, reporting, benefit deductions, personal information, terminations, leave of absences, transfers
- Reporting employee injuries to WSIB, CNESST
- Completing Annual Pension Reporting (twice annually)
- Performing other related activities as assigned
- Experience and proficiency with HR System (ADP Workforce Now or similar)
- Strong knowledge in Legislation and Labour Standards
- Experience with hourly, salaried and contract personnel
- Ability to use discretion and sensitivity when dealing with confidential information
- Strong computer skills with MS-Office
- Detail oriented and ability to work with tight timelines
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours when required
- Ability to stay current in all aspects of legislation and labour standards in relevant jurisdictions
CLV Group, along with InterRent REIT (TSX:IIP.UN), have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, Ottawa, and Montréal.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in pursuing an opportunity with us.